Saturday, June 27, 2015

My (Scorpion) Hottentotta caboverdensis

Hottentotta is a genus of scorpion belonging to the family ButhidaeHottentotta caboverdensis is a scorpion species,I have experience take caring a H. caboverdensis 1 week before this day I got her,she is 1 cm small. This species is very calm and easy to feed.
(4i H. caboverdensis)

Base on my experience H.caboverdensis is not good for beginner because you can't touch this it is venomous if you touch this,it may sting you. The female scorpion is parthenogenetics it means even unfertilized eggs develop into embryos. They are soo cool to take care of because they can born their babies even without a male.



(H.caboverdensis with young first instar babies)
The Scorpion species is 
hides underneath stones and bark, digging shallow cavities without any tunnels. Scorpions are not active during day, they more are active during night .My H.caboverdensis is easy feeder when there is a prey he hold  firmly with her clip and then he will sting it after he sting he will bite the head of the prey.


(My own 1i H.caboverdensis)
This is my 2i H.caboverdensis I feed him latias 3 times a week. A fully develop scorpion feed 2 times a week and they usually feed them with small rats,cockroach,super worms,meal worms,Dubai roach,big crickets. Sling scorpion usually feed with latias,fruit flies,small crickets,and many more. Thats all if you have question comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment